48th Central London Rathayatra.
Sunday 17th July 2016.
- Assemble at Hyde Park, South Carriage Drive 11.30am.
- Procession departs 12 noon.
- Arrives at Trafalgar Square 2.30pm.
- Festival in Trafalgar Square until 5.00pm.
Festival at Trafalgar Square features:
Vegetarian ‘prasadam’ feast for all – served free of charge.
- Introduction to Krishna consciousness.
- Hare Krishna bhajans and prayers to drums and cymbals.
- Experience maha-mantra meditation – taster sessions.
- Transcendental books and music.
- Temple of the Vedic Planetarium display.
- Spiritual ‘Questions and Answers’ with devotees of Krishna.
Hare Krishna! Everyone is welcome to Rathayatra.
The procession assembles just inside Hyde Park – 500 yards (450m) west of Hyde Park Corner.
You will clearly spot the three colourful carts as you approach.
There are three or four kirtan parties (singing and instrument sections) with each of the carts. There are also groups of dancers.
You can pull the ropes on the cart but please follow the instructions of stewards and staff.
The cart leaves Hyde Park promptly at mid-day and arrives at Trafalgar Square around 2.30pm.
This can feel like a long journey on a hot day.
Please bring a bottle of water to refresh and hydrate yourself along the way.
A small mini-bus van is provided at the rear of the procession for the infirm. Priority is given to the most elderly.
Make it for the start if you can…
If you can, please come and enjoy the start of the procession before the Deities arrive.
At Rathayatra the Deities come out of the temple for one day. They freely distribute Their loving glances to anyone and everyone They see.
Wherever the Lord appears He is accompanied by His beloved devotees and friends.
If you are also there then you will surely benefit eternally.
Look forward to seeing you at the festival!
Thank you very much for reading.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada!
Jaya Jagannatha Swami! Jaya Baladeva! Jaya Subhadra!